불편신고

Try a spritz of the forest factor

페이지 정보

작성자 Marcella 작성일24-04-12 03:16 조회1회 댓글0건 연락처

본문

I've written much over the past couple of years about ‘forest bathing', which has its roots in shinrin-yoku, an ancient Japanese practice that involves being surrounded by nature as a way to de-stress (though many of us might simply call this going for a walk in the woods). 

Such is the trend for the relaxing power of the forest that it has become part of many spa rituals and inspired an Aromatherapy Associates blend called Forest Therapy. 

Now the concept has taken a leap (or should that be a big stride?) forward and spawned a raft of fragrances that are based on earthy smells inspired by the forest's ferny floor and have a definite botanical vibe. 

Edwina Ings Chambers discovers the latest feelgood fragrances to conjure up invigorating woodland walks

First up is Officine Universelle Buly's Fôret de Komi parfum (£138, buly1803.com).

Based on the Eastern European boreal forest, its blend of pine and moss creates a sharp green scent with a touch of sweetness that is both calming and reassuring, like the bracing crispness that wakes you on a winter's day. 

Skandinavisk is in the same mood with its Kapitel 1 eau de toilette (£45, skandinavisk.com), which is also evocative of boreal forests and focuses on pine, which, yes, gives it a slight festive feel but not so much that you wouldn't wear it in the autumn, too.

Warming and comforting, it will have you taking deep and ponderous breaths. 

Björk & Berries Botanist eau de parfum (£85, bjorkandberries.com) takes its cue from Swedish woodlands and hothouse botanicals and has a lively note of green apple to invigorate, mixed with vetiver root and patchouli which bring an earthiness to its blend. 

The ferny forest floor has inspired a definite botanical vibe 

The bosky mood continues in new fragrant candles, if you'd prefer to light the trend rather than spray it.

Among Paul Smith's first range, which also includes diffusers, is his Botanist candle (from £65, paulsmith.com) which, with its notes of moss and lemon smells of freshly cut grass and sits in a cheeringly coloured glass container. 

Or for an instant fix of autumn woods in the Cotswolds, light up the sumptuous Ginori 1735 Fox Thicket Folly candle (from £140, ginori1735.com), which has notes of birch, cedar and oak and comes in a decorative porcelain pot.

SOMETHING TO POUT ABOUT 

Dior's Minaudiere (£195, selfridges.com) features an external Rouge Dior lipstick case at one end and inside it has three lipstick refills 

I know it's still early to be talking about Christmas but every year there's one limited edition that always gets me excited and that is Dior's Minaudière (£195, selfridges.com). 

In the past, this most stylish of beauty gifts has been more of an evening clutch bag; this year it is a black lacquered case complete with a gold over-the-shoulder chain. 

It also features an external - and refillable - Rouge Dior lipstick case at one end and inside it has three lipstick refills.

So all together you will have four shades to enjoy (Enchanted Pink, a coral shade; Midnight Rose, a rose shade; Mystic Plum, a matt shade, and Rouge Fortune, an opulent red with a velvet finish), all of which are limited editions, too. 

Each lipstick is engraved with designs inspired by a night-sky constellation. 

Contents can be removed to turn the minaudière into a stylish evening accessory, so if you feel like I do, snaffle one up quickly. 

UNDER A TENNER

Hipp Kids Soft & Foamy Handwash (£3.75, hipp.co.uk) is excellent at getting dirty mitts - of all ages - clean, and is very kind to skin

I'm currently besotted with Hipp Kids Soft & Foamy Handwash (£3.75, hipp.co.uk).

Yes, it's excellent at getting dirty mitts - of all ages - clean, and is very kind to skin, but it's the cute dispenser pump, shaped like a duck's head, that's really won me over. I keep it by my kitchen sink and it brings cheer to the most mundane - though necessary - of tasks.
It's also refillable, so no need to chuck the duck. Ever. 

If you adored this post and you would certainly like to get additional information concerning 墨蘭 kindly see our website.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.